Why should I support you?
Apart from the odd meal and coffee, your contribution benefits several other people:
In a time of ever-dwindling arts coverage, my articles and reviews gives them a boost in publicity.
Researchers and Students
The content of this website serves as a record. Some of the groups or artists featured on this website are no longer active, and my coverage is a testament to their contributions to the arts scene.
My content is never meant to be insular. I strive to inform and entertain anyone who is interested in what I have to say.
What benefits will I receive?
Visit my Patreon profile to make a recurring donations. Do note that the prices are in USD and you might be charged additional taxes.
3 USD per month: Handwritten note and bonus articles for all reviews.
5 USD per month: Handwritten note, bonus articles, and one personal video call.
Basically, the benefits are similar to one-off contributions, but it is cheaper!
Please remember to send me a message via the contact form below or firstname.lastname@example.org for me to verify your contributions.
- A donation of any amount entitles you to a thank you email.
- A donation of at least S$3 entitles you to a handwritten note.
- Every S$5 donated entitles you to one bonus article, detailing my process in crafting a particular review.
- A donation of S$80 and above entitles you to the additional bonus of a video call where we can discuss anything related to the arts.
So if you were to donate S$50, you are entitled to 1 handwritten letter, 10 bonus articles, and 1 video call.
If you are based in Singapore and have a PayLah! account, you can scan the QR code.
For a quick donation of S$5 via PayPal or credit card, you can click the appropriate icons below.
Support my writing
For those who don’t have a PayPal account, click the icon of your card provider to pay via credit card.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to donate a custom amount, click the button below:
Send me a message for me to verify your contribution!
For those who are entitled to a handwritten note, please leave your mailing address in the message box.
What will my money go towards?
- Domain name.
- Transport and food costs.
- Tickets for shows done by smaller groups who could not afford to offer complimentary tickets.
- Transcription services for recorded interviews.
- Better recording equipment for interviews.
- Books for further personal enrichment (e.g., guides, anthologies of reviews by well-known critics, etc.)
- Workshops for further personal enrichment.
- Paying for a better WordPress plan to enhance content.
- Research projects on theatre criticism and performing arts history.
- Hiring web developers and designers to improve the website.
- Commissioning writers to contribute to the website on a regular basis at market rates.
How else can I support you?
I am looking for collaborators who can produce artwork, paraphernalia, or provide services which I can reward my supporters with.
Drop me an email at email@example.com and we can work something out!
Conflicts of Interests
Being a firm believer that one should be able to traverse both sides of the footlights, there might be possible conflicts of interest. As such, I have decided to adopt the following policies:
- After working with a theatre company, I will not publicly review any of their shows for the next six months. For example, I last worked with Nam Hwa Opera in July 2018. This means that I will only accept an opportunity to review their shows from February 2019.
- If I am involved in a particular production, I will not publicly review any show that is running before mine within the same month. For example, if I have a show that runs from 12–15 December, I will not publicly review any show that runs from 1–11 December.
- The above do not preclude any interviews or features.